Council Tool Forcible Entry 6lb Flathead Fire Axe 36" Handle (FE6-36)
Council Tool - Made in the USA
6.0# Forcible Entry Flathead fireman’s style single bit axe with a 36″ curved American hickory handle. Design elements improve performance and usability while helping to reduce fatigue and injury. Used in all manner of municipal fire fighting applications, chopping, battering, door stop, ect. Cutting edge is approximately 5″ in overall length and the poll is square. This axe will easily pull its weight on the fire-ground and will be an invaluable tool for trainers and student firefighters.
- Forged 4140 steel head to match Council Halligan. Made in USA.
- Forged in slot to marry most popular Halligan tools to create “The Irons”.
- Tapered wedge shaped blade allows it to be used a starter wedge and helps capture progress while forcing a door.
- Extended poll helps to counter balance the head so that the center of gravity is within the eye/handle. Balanced to lay flat in an open hand so no blade drop or flutter when swinging sideways.
- Top of head is flat to stand on its own.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- 36″ curved hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a traditional wooden and steel wedge.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2″ of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
|Country of Origin||United States|