Dubuque Clamp Universal Face Frame Cabinet Clamp UC-76 Woodworking (UC-76)
Dubuque Clamp - Made in the USA
- Univeral Wedgegrip cabinet clamps are compact face frame and shelf clamps made of injection molded aluminum alloy which makes them both strong and lightweight. The UC-76 operates on a normal face frame joint.
- The unique Wedgegrip jaw action grips the work close to the joint preventing bowing of long rails.
- Uses a 1/2" acme thread steel screw with a large wing handle for smooth operation.
- Will not stain the wood as wood glues doe not generally react with aluminum.
- This clamp is fully guaranteed against defects in material and workmanship for one year from the date of purchase.
The UC-76 clamps are designed to eliniate the need for extra long bar clamps when making cabinet face frames. With a number fo the clamps multiple joints can be clamped at the same time without excessive bulk or weight. The rotating jaw locks onto the work with a levering action that increases applied force as the screw is tightened. The wood surface is protected by the pad that rotates on the jaw. The locking action is best initiated by placing the forefingers on the end of the clamp just behind the jaw and applying an oppossing action with the thumb against the pad while the screw is tightened.
Once the clamp is locked to the work, it will remain in place even when the screw is released. A sharp tap on the squared area of the pad towards the screw will release the clamp.
The clamp with the stand size 13/16" Wedgegrip jaw is desinged to accomodate standard 3/4" to 13/16" stock. The jaw is set to fit snugly on 13/16". After the clamp has been first used the jaw will set in the clamp and the clamp to pad dimension will slightly increase. The standard clamp can be used on stock less than 3/4", however the jaw is then not at an optimal angle and slippage may occur. This can usually be eliminated by a square of standpaper between the wood and the pad.
|Country of Origin||United States|