Norseman Magnum Super Premium Drill Sets
115 Piece Set includes 1 each of an A - Z, 1-60, 1/16 - 1/2 by 64ths 190-AG Jobber Length Bit
Magnum Super Premium drills substantially outperform cobalt drills in work hardening Stainless Steel applications. This performance advantage is the result of construction differences between the two types of drills. Cobalt drills, manufactured to Type J NAS 907 specs, have a very thick web. This web is necessary to limit breakage of the brittle cobalt steel. Magnum drills are made of special hi-moly tool steel, which is much tougher than cobalt steel. Magnum drills with their thin web will penetrate the work hardening stainless fast enough to continually cut beneath the chip which is hardening from deformation. This means the drill is cutting softer steel.
Features / Benefits:
- Special Hi-Molybdenum tool steel.
- 135° split point for fast penetration and accurate starting without a center punch.
- Precision ground point, body, clearance and drill diameter for the ultimate in accuracy and performance.
- Body and clearance are gold surface treated for maximum lubricity.
- Drills are heat treated at 2185° F and then nitro-carburize finished at 950° F to be measurably harder than high speed steel.
- Space aged nitro-carburized steel withstands substantially higher drilling temperatures while maintaining sharpness.
- Recommended for use in work hardening grades of stainless steel and other hard metal drilling applications.
- Sizes smaller than #52 have non-split points.